Everywhere you look in your community you’ll see small businesses. Plumbers, contractors, bakeries, and artists. Life coaches, yoga studios, and cafes. The list goes on and no doubt someone you know owns one of these small businesses that are vital to a thriving community.
Unfortunately, the past 18 months have left many small businesses struggling to survive. You might not need, or be able to afford, goods and services from your local businesses. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t still help them to thrive in these challenging times. Here are five tips that will help you do exactly that! Read on and learn how you can make a difference as we all struggle to return to normal.
Five No-Cost Ways You Can Make a BIG Difference!
- Give Them a Shout Out! – Engaging with a local business online can help immensely! When a business has a large following on social media it will help them stand out from the crowd and get found online. Some businesses completely rely on social media to grow. If you have a favourite small business, engaging with them on social media can make a difference!
- Like and Follow Their Business Page – An easy way to show support is to like and follow their business page. You can keep up with their events, promotions, and progress and you’re showing your personal interest in their business.
- Tell a Friend – Word of mouth is a powerful form of advertising. Next time you find a “new-to-you” small business, tell your family and friends! Chances are they might not know about it, and will like it just as much as you do!
- Engage with Their Posts – Engage with their social media discussions by leaving a comment. If they ask your opinion, or you can give constructive criticism or praise, do it! Take it as a chance to show your love for the business.
- Give a Five-Star Review – A positive Google review helps to build trust and gives a small business a huge credibility boost. It also puts them in a position to rank higher in local search results. If you had a great experience share your enthusiasm!
And that’s all it takes! These are five easy ways to support your favourite small businesses without spending a dime. It’s easy – why not get started right now? It can make a BIG difference!