Can one dedicated marketing person on staff do it all?
We don’t think so. The complexity of creating a holistic marketing strategy, content creation, integrating different platforms, using the latest techniques, and technologies to drive an ROI requires multiple talents, and the workload in most cases simply isn’t possible for one person to handle.
If your goal is to stand out from your competitors, attract new customers and make sure your offerings are top of mind at point of need, you need a marketing team – not one person.
This is why so many small to medium-sized businesses partner with an agency like www.in2communications.com as an extension of their internal marketing talent or as their marketing department – at a fraction of the cost to hire all the skills you require.
In this post, we’ll look at 10 essential marketing skill sets needed to position your business for success with more awareness, higher consideration rates and some warm sales leads.
10 Marketing Skills Your Business Needs
Outsourcing can help you to develop a well-rounded strategy that can bring you brand recognition and boost your bottom line, all at a cost that is lower than hiring. Marketing skills your business needs for success are:
- Video Production – A specialist will create videos that increase engagement on your digital and social channels and educate your audience.
- SEO – A Search Engine Optimization expert will optimize all your content including web pages, landing pages, blogs and more to help you get found online.
- Graphic Design – Your visual image is key to your brand identity. A graphic designer will develop visuals that work across platforms.
- Web Design – A web designer will make sure your website conveys who you are and what you do using blogging, video, audio, and more to help you capture interest and information from visitors.
- Web Development – Your online presence is critical for a successful business. A web developer will create a user-friendly website that provides visitors with an excellent experience.
- Copywriting – A copywriter will get a prospective customer to act. They will create content to sell an idea, product, or service that is closely related to your branding.
- Social Media – Social media allows you to engage with prospects and customers directly. A well-executed social media strategy will position you as a thought leader.
- Email Campaigns – Email marketing is still one of the most effective marketing methods. An email specialist will craft an impactful campaign that builds credibility, boosts sales, and strengthens relationships.
- Paid Advertising – A paid media specialist will handle external marketing efforts that involve a paid placement, such as pay-per-click advertising, branded content, and display ads. Paid media is an essential component of revenue growth and brand awareness for online businesses.
- Strategy – A Marketing Strategist can help you organize these skill sets and create an effective marketing solution across all formats and media.
The Bottom Line…
Building an in-house marketing team is cost prohibitive for many small to medium-sized businesses. Outsourcing your marketing and paying for the talent you need – when you need it – is a growing trend for a reason.
IN2communications is an award-winning digital marketing and web design agency helping hundreds of B2B organizations create awareness, boost consideration rates and generate sales leads.
Our awesome team provides experienced expertise in the following areas: Creative Strategy, B2B Campaigns, Web Development, Video Production, Social Media, Paid Advertising, SEO, Email Campaigns, Blogging, Presentations, Webinars and remarkable Content Creation.